This policy outlines our obligations and practices in the handling of the Personal Data we collect and hold about our customers, prospects, vendors, suppliers, partners, and all others who come into contact with us and our related companies, across all touch points of our business operations, including those seeking employment with us and applies to Inchcape and any other affiliated companies.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data (“Personal Data”) refers to all and any information relating to you obtained by us in the course of and as a result of the provision of any products and services by us to you. Such Personal Data collected, used and disclosed to us will include a variety of information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number(s), personal email address, NRIC number, your images taken by us and any other information which you may have provided in any form to us.
Purpose for Collection
Generally, we collect Personal Data from customers, prospective customers, suppliers etc. for purposes relating to the products and services we offer or require, or in assessing your suitability for employment with us. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- responding to your enquiries regarding vehicles, vehicle sales/leasing/servicing/repairs, vehicle parts and accessories, and any other services we offer;
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints;
- processing orders and administering accounts;
- providing customer and dealer support, such as service maintenance reminders;
- vehicle warranties and vehicle special service campaigns;
- for obtaining and sending quotations from different insurance companies;
- communication with you in relation to your vehicle ownership, to products and services we provide which are relevant to your existing relationship with us;
- offering you updated marketing and promotional packages you can benefit from, including products and services offered by our selected partners;
- product updates and upgrades;
- research and surveys;
- meeting regulatory and legal obligation;
- applications for employment;
- to share your personal information with companies related or affiliated with the Company; and
- to share your personal information with trusted third party vendors, insurance companies and/or data intermediaries to process your personal information and for the trusted third party vendors, insurance companies and/or data intermediaries to contact you on behalf of the Company to fulfill any of the aforementioned purposes.
We may for these purposes, contact you via mail (including electronic mail), telephone, SMS or other communication (text or image) applications for mobile devices, and facsimile.
How does Inchcape collect Personal Data?
Where possible, we will collect your Personal Data directly from you and secure the relevant consent from you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as:
- when you visit us in our showrooms, service & bodycare centres, any of our premises or events hosted by us; or
- ask us to provide a product or service over the telephone or internet.
Our websites may also offer interactive facilities where personal data may also be collected, such as:
- customer enquiry;
- comment forms;
- and contest entry forms; or
- from third parties such as our agents, partners, contractors and regulatory authorities.
In providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your Personal Data to others. It is generally not our policy to disclose your Personal Data to external organisations unless we have your consent and/or are required to disclose your Personal Data as required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services to you, and/or for contractual, legal and regulatory requirements. Some examples of the types of external organisations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a product or service are:
- Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- related Inchcape affiliates and companies
- Inchcape dealers, where applicable
- insurers and financiers
Those external organisations are not authorised by us to use your Personal Data for anything other than the purpose(s) for which we supplied that information to them. Some of our information technology service providers are located overseas and, as a result, Personal Data collected and held by us may be transferred overseas in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only disclose your Personal Data with your consent (implied or expressed), and we will also take reasonable steps to ensure the external organisation to whom we have disclosed your information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Data.