This policy applies to BMS and any other associated/affiliated businesses, and outlines our obligations and practices in the handling of the Personal Data we collect and hold about our customers, prospects, vendors, suppliers, partners, and all others who come into contact with us and our related companies, across all touch points of our business operations, including those seeking employment with us.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Purpose for Collection
Generally, we collect Personal Data from customers, prospective customers, suppliers etc. for purposes relating to the products and services we offer or require, or in assessing your suitability for employment with us. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- responding to your enquiries regarding vehicles, vehicle sales/leasing/servicing/repairs, vehicle parts and accessories, and any other services we offer
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints
- processing orders and administering accounts
- providing customer and dealer support, such as service maintenance reminders
- vehicle warranties and vehicle special service campaigns
- communication with you in relation to your vehicle ownership, to products and services we provide which are relevant to your existing relationship with us
- offering you updated marketing and promotional packages you can benefit from, including products and services offered by our selected partners
- product updates and upgrades
- research and surveys
- meeting regulatory and legal obligation
- applications for employment
We may for these purposes, contact you via mail (including electronic mail), telephone, SMS or other communication (text or image) applications for mobile devices, and facsimile.
How does BMS collect Personal Data?
DisclosureIn providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your Personal Data to others. It is generally not our policy to disclose your Personal Data to external organisations unless we have your consent &/or are required to disclose your Personal Data as required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services to you, &/or for contractual, legal and regulatory requirements. Some examples of the types of external organisations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a product or service are:
- Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- related Inchcape affiliates and companies
- BMS dealers, where applicable
- insurers and financiers
Those external organisations are not authorised by us to use your Personal Data for anything other than the purpose(s) for which we supplied that data to them. Some of our information technology service providers are located overseas and, as a result, Personal Data collected and held by us may be transferred overseas.
Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only disclose your Personal Data with your consent (implied or expressed), and we will also take reasonable steps to ensure the external organisation to whom we have disclosed your information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Data.